Dear DuVall Families,
Perseverance is one of our Positive Penguin Practices. We focus on this practice during the month of April but our students, staff, and parents are already implementing this practice. Led by Mr. Dave Brice, our engineer, our building is in great shape! Our teachers are teaching and our students are learning. Parents are volunteering and helping out in so many ways. I can’t thank all of you enough! You are putting up bulletin board paper, opening boxes, taking inventory of books and delivering them, assisting with students on the playground before and after school, translating and pitching in wherever you are needed! I know parents are also reviewing paperwork that goes home, reinforcing what is taught at school, providing supplies, supporting our children emotionally and academically as they begin new grades, have new teachers, and for some attending a new school. Being a parent is the most important job there is, but it’s also the best job. There have been so many helping I know I would miss some people so a huge thank you to all of our parents pitching in a little more than usual. You are all awesome!
Please consider supporting our PTA with our first fundraiser of the school year! Order forms have been sent home with students. Cash or checks made out to DuVall PTA are accepted. Orders are due September 12th. Click here for the flier.
This week’s notes:
- Attention Fifth Grade parents! Please sign your fifth grader up for band by clicking HERE, or complete the paper registration form that was sent home with students. Band will meet once a week for 45 minutes during the school day. Registration deadline is Thursday, September 7th. Please email Ms. Rafferty with any questions: email@example.com.
- We will be having Watch Dogs again. More information will be sent in the next few weeks.
- We have notes in the office again that you can use to write a message to your child or staff member. Child or adult, getting a message really lifts them up.
- DuVall’s Day of Kindness is Friday. Please wear blue or a shirt that says “kind”
- Students cannot arrive before 8:35, which is when breakfast is served. There is no supervision prior to that time.
- If you haven’t filled out the parent survey, please do so here: https://firstbell.dearbornschools.org/2023/08/25/survey-asking-parents-about-interest-in-child-care-on-early-release-days/
- Birthdays: Parents, as stated in the beginning of the year letter, we want to celebrate your child’s birthday in a small way. Please send in an easy to pass out treat. No balloons, treat bags, full size cakes, or parties with family members. Big celebrations should be done at home. If you child has a summer birthday, think about letting them celebrate their half birthday at school.
- T-shirts: last year our students wore class shirts to all of their field trips and special events. The colors for each grade will remain the same. If you would like to pass your child’s shirt down to a younger sibling or friend that would be great. If you do not have anyone to pass it down to, think about sending it to school so we can pass it onto someone. Our PTA will be ordering new shirts as well. Students will be charged the printer price of the shirt. It will not be a fundraiser. More information will be shared soon.
- PLEASE, put your child’s name on their lunch box, water bottles, jackets, etc. Our Lost & Found is already growing.
- Every week, please review the schedule and upcoming events that will be at the bottom of the weekly post/email.
Have a great week!
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|Monday, September 4
|Tuesday, September 5
|Kindergarten Soft Start, dismissal 12:05
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Wednesday, September 6
|Kindergarten begins full days
Instrumental Music Discussion for 5th graders
4:15 Camp Meeting in room 202
|Nachos & Cheese
|Thursday, September 7
|Detroit Lions Opening Game, wear Lions, anything football, or Lions colors (blue, silver, or gray)
|Tuna Salad Sandwich
|Friday, September 8
|DuVall’s Day of Kindness – wear any Kind shirt or the color blue
|Mac & Cheese
|Southwest Veggie Wrap
September 12: Mums orders are due
September 13: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
September 16: Grades 3-5 Family Kickball Game
September 20: Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser
September 27: Book Bingo, 6:00