Dear DuVall Families,
Many thanks to everyone who helped at our Book Fair. A huge thank you to Joyce Dunlap and Jaclyn Noles who were the main volunteers. We are in need of someone to take over the Book Fair and someone who is interested in becoming PTA President next year. If you are willing to help out please contact me. Thank you to Mrs. Fillip, Mrs. VanHorn, and Mrs. Pinon for assisting during the Hot Chocolate and Storytime. We had a great turnout!
I am excited for our Planetarium Assembly this week. We will have a portable planetarium set up in the gym. Two classes will go at a time and will view the different constellations and learn about space. Many thanks to our PTA who is paying for this assembly, Mrs. VanHorn who organized this event and Mrs. Pinion, our PTA treasurer, who facilitated the payments. This is just one example of the good work our PTA does for our school. Assemblies such as this cost almost $1,500. This is why it is important to support our school fundraisers, including volunteering for events.
Please complete this survey that will ask you questions about our school, including questions about Open House schedules, culture and climate, student engagement, school environment, and school safety. The results of this survey will be used to help us improve our program’s services to students, families, and our community. Your responses are anonymous, and no individual results are reported. Thank you for your support. The survey will remain open until Friday, December 22, 2023. Click on this link to take the survey: Parent/Family Survey Link. A video to explain the survey is linked here.
This week’s notes:
- One of our third graders, Asher Burkman, created a slideshow that provides information on the Kids Heart Challenge. Click here to view.
- A few classes have field trips coming up and our younger classes may be asking for help during a holiday party. Remember, all volunteers must have an iChat. They must be filled out two weeks before you actually volunteer. They are valid for three years. Come to the office with your driver’s license or state identification card to fill one out.
- Parents asked me to reshare our staff “Favorites.” This is a document where staff put their favorite snacks, beverages, gift cards, likes, etc. We use it when we want to thank a colleague or recognize a special day in their life. Last year parents also found it helpful when wanting to recognize a staff member. This year’s document can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14t4_AptDMJAKRVisq0vhibmvusNsyrVXGpjnwOqP8e8/edit?usp=sharing
- February 27, 2024 there will be an operating millage renewal on the ballot. This is NOT a bond but a millage renewal. For more information click on this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YJ-b38uSLw1H2FLLhUz5hJSuTT_ovovWd5lThDbdgV4/edit?usp=sharing It’s important that you vote.
- PTA meeting at 6:30 on Wednesday. Please join us in the Media Center or on Zoom.
- We are still in need of noon hour supervisors. Ms. Hillary started this week so we now have two but have in our budget the ability to hire two more. The hours are Monday through Friday, 11:30-1:30. but if you can only work a couple of days per week that would help. You need to complete the application process at: https://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspxchoosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=38448&category=Substitute&AppliTrackJobId=23561_38448&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1 After you apply, you must go to Human Resources, 18700 Audette and pick up a packet to complete. You will also need a TB test and a physical. Please let me know if you complete the application process. Proof of a high school diploma is no longer necessary. PLEASE consider helping us out and applying.
- This is the last week to donate gently used or new mittens, scarves, and hats for those in need.
- We are also collecting items for Veterans by grade level. Kindergarten– Deodorant (Non-aerosol) First Grade– Shampoo and Conditioner (travel size/2oz) Second Grade– Combs and Lotion (travel size/ 2oz) Third Grade– Toothpaste and Dental Floss Fourth Grade– Toothbrushes Fifth Grade– Puzzle Books.
- There is no Math Club this week.
Have a great week!
|This Week’s Schedule
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|Tree Topper Day: wear headbands, hats, glasses, etc.
7:45 Art Club, Room 101
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Rockin’ Sockin’ Good Time: wear holiday socks and shirts
2:25 Early Release
|Roast Beef & Cheese
|Rema Khaled 11:30-2:25
|Ugly Sweater Party: wear your favorite ugly sweater
7:45 Mrs. Morrison Tutoring
8:00 Music Club, Room 111
3:20 Student Ambassadors
4:00 Penguin Players, Room 204
6:30 PTA Meeting, Media Center or Zoom
|Crispy Chicken Ranch Wrap
|Mad About Plaid: wear plaid
7:45 Mrs. Morrison Tutoring
8:00 Chess Club, Room 202
7:00 pm O.L. Smith Concert
7:00 pm Edsel Ford Concert
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
|Sparkle & Shine: wear sequins, glitter, sparkles, lights, etc.
7:45 Running Club
|French Toast Sticks
|Cat in the hat Strawberry Parfait
December 22: Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 25 – January 7: No school – Winter Break
January 8, 2024: Schools reopens, 12:05 dismissal, All teachers – afternoon duty day
January 10: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
January 15: No school – Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 17: Pancake Dinner 6:00-7:30
January 30: Book Bingo