Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you for supporting our students with last week’s bake sale! The amount of parent support was amazing and truly warmed my heart to see how supportive our families were. Our Ambassadors are excited about this project and are working hard. They created both fliers that went home last week and with the help of Mrs. Batha did all of the set up and selling of the bake sale. They also met with Mr. Dave last week to decide on a place where the Ga-Ga Ball Pit can go and what size we would need to purchase. We will meet this week to determine the exact Pit they want to purchase so we have a total that is needed. They do run around $2,000. Last week’s bake sale and donations got them off to a great start. They have $704.50 so far! Students will be brainstorming other ways to fundraise. I honestly thought this endeavor could possibly take more than this school year but it looks promising that they will get it done sooner than I thought possible.
Fight Against Hunger is another event that showed incredible participation. As a school we raised 1,176 items to donate to Zaman International. Our two kindergarten classes were in a battle of their own. Each class raised over 200 items with Mrs. Hughes coming out on top. However, with such high numbers of donations both classes will be awarded a pizza party. We will get it scheduled the week after Thanksgiving. Congratulations Kindergarteners!
We are looking for people to help out with our Ice Cream Social. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and it takes a lot of planning. Michelle Linderman is heading this event and is holding a Zoom meeting on the 28th. Here is the information: Tuesday, November 28th. Zoom Link: https://dearbornschools-org.zoom.us/j/83555366196?pwd=UzhXNnFFMlZvMk11YXNoanFUQVBrZz09 Meeting ID: 835 5536 6196 Passcode: 304107
Traffic: Parents are parking in the drop-off lane on Francis. This is not allowed. Parents should pull up, students exit their vehicle and come in, parents drive away. If parents want to walk their children to the door or playground they must park in a legal parking spot on the street. I know parking is one of our biggest challenges but unfortunately there is nowhere to add a parking lot. The problem with parents parking in the drop-off is that it is becoming filled and other parents are forced to dropped their children off in the middle of the street which isn’t safe. We do not want students having to walk between cars. Thank you for understanding.
Many wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving! DuVall is an amazing community with wonderful students, parents, staff, and neighbors. I am thankful for each one of you! Thank you for everything you do to support DuVall. You do this through being positive role models, reminding students to do the right thing, helping your children with their studies, listening to our students, sharing information with friends, meeting with teachers, sharing information about your children, the school, and the neighborhood that will help us do our jobs better, making donations, and more. You are making a difference, not only in your own child’s life but in all of our students lives every day! THANK YOU!
This week’s notes:
- No school November 22, 23, 24 for the Thanksgiving holiday. Teachers have been instructed to turn off their email. If you have an emergency and need to get in touch with us please email me. I will be checking my email periodically.
- Parents asked me to share our staff “Favorites.” This is a document where staff put their favorite snacks, beverages, gift cards, likes, etc. We use it when we want to thank a colleague or recognize a special day in their life. Last year parents also found it helpful when wanting to recognize a staff member. This year’s document can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14t4_AptDMJAKRVisq0vhibmvusNsyrVXGpjnwOqP8e8/edit?usp=sharing
- February 27, 2024 there will be an operating millage renewal on the ballot. This is NOT a bond but a millage renewal. For more information click on this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YJ-b38uSLw1H2FLLhUz5hJSuTT_ovovWd5lThDbdgV4/edit?usp=sharing
- Everything in our Lost and Found will be donated after Thanksgiving. Please come Monday or Tuesday for one last look at our table and box of items.
- We are in desperate need of noon hour supervisors. We had three but one was promoted and one is retiring. Beginning next week, we will only have one. This is a paid position, 11:30-1:30. Even if you can sub once or twice a week that would help. You still need to complete the application process at: https://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspxchoosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=38448&category=Substitute&AppliTrackJobId=23561_38448&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1 After you apply, you must go to Human Resources, 18700 Audette and pick up a packet to complete. You will also need a TB test and a physical. Please let me know if you complete the application process. Proof of a high school diploma is no longer necessary. PLEASE consider helping us out and applying.
- We have a small tree in the lobby. we will change out the trim to recognize holidays our students celebrate throughout the year. We are asking families to donate one ornament. You can even make an ornament as a family to add. The ornament can also represent a holiday your family celebrates at any time of year.
- Empty Bowls was last week. Our Art Club students made beautiful bowls for this event. Many of our families attended. The district released a short clip of the event and a few of our families are in it. View it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAf6aZl3Ah4&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Ffirstbell.dearbornschools.org%2F2023%2F11%2F17%2Fempty-bowls-dinner-2023%2F&feature=emb_imp_woyt
|Date||This Week’s Schedule||Lunch First Choice||Lunch Second Choice||Watch D.O.G.S.|
|Monday||7:45 Art Club, Room 101|
9:15 LAHC Developmental Preschool & GSRP Preschool
|Nachos & Cheese||Sunbutter & Jelly|
|Tuesday||8:00 Math Club|
1:55 Student Ambassadors
2:25 Early Release
|Pepperoni Pizza||Fruit & Yogurt Plate||Bob Ryan|
|Wednesday||No School||No School|
|Thursday||No School||No School|
|Friday||No School||No School|
November 29-30, December 1: Holiday Shop
December 1: Lock-in, 6:00-8:00 & Holiday Shop make-up
December 4-8: Book Fair
December 7: Sip & Shop (Storytime, hot chocolate, book fair)
December 13: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
December 22: Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 25 – January 7: No school – Winter Break