Dear DuVall Families
Thank you to all of the families that helped out on Halloween. Our kids had a great time! It was a wonderful event where students, parents and teachers created lifelong memories. Thank you to ur fabulous PTA for organizing this event, all of the parents that volunteered and all those that donated. Thank you to our teachers and entire staff for everything they did to make the day special. This event couldn’t have taken place without so many people helping out and going above and beyond. Our students are so lucky to attend school in such a special community.
I received an email with the following information: One resource that parents will find helpful “is the Michigan Child Protection Registry. This Registry is a do-not-contact service that families can easily and quickly sign up for at www.ProtectMIChild.com in order to keep their children safe while on their devices at school and at home. This is a free Registry offered through the State of Michigan that stops adult advertisements from reaching our kids through e-mail, text, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, Twitch and TikTok. This Registry is an excellent resource for making sure our kids aren’t being served ads for alcohol, tobacco/vaping, online gambling, pornography or marijuana.” This may be something you want to check out.
At the end of the month we will be down to one noon hour supervisor. If you are interested or know of anyone who is interested, in applying as a noon hour substitute go to: https://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspxchoosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=38448&category=Substitute&AppliTrackJobId=23561_38448&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1 After you apply, you must go to Human Resources, 18700 Audette and pick up a packet to complete. You will also need a TB test and a physical. Please let me know if you complete the application process. Proof of a high school diploma is no longer necessary. PLEASE consider helping us out and applying.
I’d like to share an article that was written about DuVall a couple of weeks ago. MEMSPA (Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association) published an article in their “Weekly Update” on October 11, 2023 titled “What’s the Buzz About in Your Hive?” If you get a chance, take a look at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1I4p4Cy5FHP0gNUANIYRT7n4kG3F0hQ7aob35YU7-D4g/edit?usp=sharing
This week’s notes:
- 4th and 5th graders interested in the online Coding Club must apply by November 17 at https://forms.gle/E9QQiEX3uLBCvuws6 This is a district club and only 2-4 students from each school will be selected. Students will be notified if they are accepted on their school email and their parents will receive email notifications of their acceptance by Tuesday, November 21st.
- Dear Parents of the Dearborn Public Schools Special Education programs; the Special Education Department and the Michigan Alliance for Families invites you to a Parent Meeting: Wednesday, November 8th, 10:00-12:00, Administrative Service Center, 18700 Audette St.
- On Friday we will are inviting any family members that are Veterans to lead us in our Pledge of Allegiance. Please invite your extended family to come to DuVall. These individuals are role models to our students.
- Parents will receive report cards during conferences on the 14th and 15th. If you do not have an appointment scheduled please reach out to your child’s classroom teacher. Our special area teachers will be available as well for pop-in conferences.
- Reminder, there is no school on Tuesday.
- Since DuVall is not hosting and election on Tuesday, the 5th grade bake sale will be rescheduled during another event.
- On Wednesday we will have Diabetes Awareness Day at DuVall. We have two penguins and an adopted penguin that fight this battle everyday. We are asking everyone to wear blue on Wednesday to support these students.
- At Wednesday’s PTA meeting we will have some district personnel attending to answer any questions you may have. The Zoom link is https://dearbornschools-org.zoom.us/j/84668662958?pwd=cGFDWDNJRE5ERW02czJrL2U1bTkxQT09 Attending will be Rose Aldubaily-Executive Director of EL & Compensatory Ed., Tom Wall-Executive Director of Business & Operations, Rola Bazzi-Gates-Coordinator of Special Education, Shawn Donohue-Assistant Director of Plant Operations, Rick Sotres-Supervisor of Transportation, and Lamis Srour-Executive Director of Student Achievement.
|Date||Week’s Schedule||Lunch First Choice||Lunch Second Choice||Watch D.O.G.S.|
|Monday||7:45 Art Club, Room 101|
9:15 LAHC Developmental Preschool & GSRP Preschool
4:00 Safety Meeting
|Scrambled Eggs & Pancakes||Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait|
Teachers Professional Development
|No School for Students|
|Wednesday||Diabetes Awareness Day at DuVall – wear blue|
8:00 Music Club, room 111
9:15 Children’s Oral Health Advocacy Project, classroom (Moon)
9:30 Belle Isle Nature Center Field Trip (Alabakoff, Courtright)
10:15 Children’s Oral Health Advocacy Project, classroom (Shapas)
4:00 Penguin Players, room 204
6:30 PTA Meeting, Zoom or Media Center
|Chicken Tenders||Sunbutter & Jelly|
|Thursday||8:00 Chess Club|
School Store during lunch
|Pepperoni Pizza||Tuna Salad Sandwich||Rema Khaled 11:30-3:00 (Morey/Ranka)|
|Friday||8:55 Veterans Day Recognition|
7:45-8:15 Running Club
9:30 Parade Company Field Trip (Shapas, Moon, Morrison)
4:00-5:00 Doodle Club
|Vegetarian Pasta Alfredo||Southwest Veggie Wrap||Ryan Burr (Alabakoff, Stupar)|
November 14: Parent Teacher Conferences, 2:30-8:30
November 15: Parent Teacher Conferences, 4:00-7:00
November 22: No school – Conference release day
November 23-24: No school – Thanksgiving
November 29-30, December 1: Holiday Shop
December 1: Lock-in, 6:00-8:00 & Holiday Shop
December 4-8: Book Fair
December 7: Sip & Shop (Storytime, hot chocolate, book fair)
December 13: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
December 22: Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 25 – January 7: No school – Winter Break