Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you being such incredible partners. We are so fortunate at DuVall that our school and families work together for the benefit of our kids.
Care to the Core Day is Thursday and the district will have a broadcast to start the day. DuVall will be part of this broadcast! If you would like to watch, 9:00-9:30, you can view here: YouTube channel or on the Dearborn Public Schools Facebook page. Our School Ambassadors and Mrs. Fakih will be part of the broadcast. Care to the Core is one day a year where the entire district reminds students and adults about our core values and other social skills that we all need to practice. As adults we must also model these social skills for our children. DuVall also focuses on our Positive Penguin Practices. October is Responsibility Month so we focus on that while continuing our September theme of Kindness.
This week’s notes:
- Last year’s 5th grade gifted our school an outside library. It is currently located outside of door 5. Please encourage your students to use library. Adults are also encouraged to drop off appropriate books and shop for new ones.
- Our Walk N’ Roll continues! It’s great exercise for students to walk or bike to school, if they are able. DuVall is currently in third place. Come on kids, let’s get moving so we can be healthier!
- Our Girl Scouts are collecting items for the Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit. Click to view the flier and items needed. There are also fliers posted at all of our doors.
- Reminder: Only healthy snacks allowed, such as veggies, fruit, crackers, pretzels. Potato chips are not allowed. The healthier the snack the more energy your chil;d will have for learning.
- Parking is not allowed on Francis in the drop off lane. Parking on Beech on the side of our school is not allowed. If you are ticketed we cannot help.
- K-1 parents and even older students: Please put a change of clothes in your child’s backpack.
- If you haven’t signed up to pop popcorn and are available, please consider helping us out. You do not need experience! Click here to sign-up DuVall Popcorn Sign Up. We need volunteers for January 12 and many dates beyond. Our students love Popcorn Days! Many thanks to the parents that popped already this year.
- Campers, your donation for the gift for Ms. Courtright is due no later than Monday, if you wish to participate.
- Classroom snacks must be healthy. Please do not send in chips for snack. A treat, such as chips is fine for lunch after your child eats his/her sandwich or main part of their meal. One bag is plenty.
- PTA Meeting on Wednesday at 6:30. Please try and attend in the Media Center or on Zoom. Doors 5 & 8 will be unlocked around 6:15 for those attending in person. Door 1 will not be unlocked.
- Our Halloween Dance is quickly approaching, October 20. Please sign-up to donate and/or volunteer by clicking here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-44683910-halloween
- Trunk or Treat, October 31, please click here to donate, volunteer, and/or sign-up your car: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-44695065-trunk
- Early Release Enrichment Club is a paid after school enrichment program for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. The program will provide registered students with time for outside play (weather permitting), homework, games and activities for the 90 minutes until they would have normally been released from school. The club costs $11 per session for one student, $8 for the second student and $5 for each additional student from the same family. Online, pre-enrollment is required to ensure the district has proper staffing and supplies. Parents can sign their child up by the week or for 4 weeks at a time. Early Release Enrichment is planned for every elementary and middle school, but the program may not run in buildings if there is not enough interest.
- The Dearborn Fire Department is having an Open House on October 21st, 12:00-2:00 at Station 2, 19800 Outer Dr. The are also having a Pumpkin Patch on October 21st & 22nd, 12:00-5:00.
- If you need a smoke detector, our fire department is giving them away free. Call 1-313-943-2134.
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|7:45 Art Club, Room 101
Field Trip to Three Cedars, K-1
4:00 Safety Meeting, Room 202
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|10:30 Fire Drill
2:25 Early Release
|Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
|1:20 Apple Crunch
3:20 Student Ambassadors, room 104
6:30, PTA Meeting, Media Center and Zoom
|Mac & Cheese
|Chicken Ranch Wrap
|Care to the Core
|French Toast Sticks
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait
October 20: Halloween Dance
October 27: 12:05 dismissal, All teachers – afternoon duty day
Oct. 27 – 28 – Smith PTA Haunted Car Wash, 7 – 10 p.m. both nights, Westborn Car Wash
October 31: Halloween Parade & Trunk or Treat
Have a great week!