Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you to everyone who attended our Watch D.O.G.S. kick-off on Tuesday. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful community that comes together for the good of our students. Thank you to everyone who signed up to be a Watch D.O.G. already and a special thank you to Bob Ryan for leading this group of great volunteers. You can come to the office anytime to view the Watch D.O.G.S. calendar and sign up for any date. Please remember, to volunteer in a classroom, be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, or participate in any event that happens during the school you must have an iChat on file. Call the office if you are unsure if you have one. They are good for three years. District employees do not need an iChat because they have fingerprinting with background checks.
Thank you to Joyce Dunlap and Christy Dembrosky for running Book Bingo. We had a great crowd and our kids won lots of books! If you couldn’t make it we have a few more Book Bingos scheduled this year.
DuVall is in need of a S.T.E.A.M. teacher. This position is at Nowlin Elementary three days a week and DuVall two days a week. To apply you must have an elementary teacher certification. You must apply online at Applitrak, Wayne RESA.
Wednesday is Count Day! This is an important day for our district funding. Please, make every effort to have your child at school and on time. We will have Pajama Day on Wednesday and every student that attends will receive a Penguin Point. We will also have an additional Penguin Point drawing, Some of the classrooms have fun activities as well.
This week’s notes:
- The attendance line phone number is 313-827-2751. Messages can be left here any time of the day or night. Our office staff is in the building, 8:00-4:30. If your child is not attending school you will receive a phone call regarding their attendance. If you call them in they will be marked excused and you should not receive a call.
- The monthly menus that are sent home are often changed. Please look at the weekly post/email for the correct menu for each week.
- Early Release Enrichment Club is a paid after school enrichment program for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. The program will provide registered students with time for outside play (weather permitting), homework, games and activities for the 90 minutes until they would have normally been released from school. The club costs $11 per session for one student, $8 for the second student and $5 for each additional student from the same family. Online, pre-enrollment is required to ensure the district has proper staffing and supplies. Parents can sign their child up by the week or for 4 weeks at a time. Early Release Enrichment is planned for every elementary and middle school, but the program may not run in buildings if there is not enough interest.
- The Dearborn Fire Department is having an Open House on October 21st, 12:00-2:00 at Station 2, 19800 Outer Dr. The are also having a Pumpkin Patch on October 21st & 22nd, 12:00-5:00.
- If you need a smoke detector, our fire department is giving them away free. Call 1-313-943-2134.
- Parents, especially those of our new students, we have programs from our 100th anniversary in our lobby. Our history is documented throughout this book. They are free, please stop by and pick one up or have your child get one.
- Kindergarten parents: The Henry Ford Centennial Library is hosting a Kindergarten Library Party! They will have activities, giveaways, and library card sign-up. It is scheduled for Tuesday, October 3rd, 11:00-7:00. It sounds like a lot of fun!
- Our Halloween Dance is quickly approaching, October 20. Please sign-up to donate and/or volunteer by clicking here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-44683910-halloween
- Trunk or Treat, October 31, please click here to donate, volunteer, and/or sign-up your car: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-44695065-trunk
- 4/5 Camp is Monday-Wednesday of this week! The weather is forecasted to be in the mid to upper 70’s during the day so please pack appropriately (layers for morning!). Plan to have your child at DuVall BY 7:30, with a departure time of 7:45. You may put your child’s bag and sleeping stuff under the bus when you arrive. Students with backpacks (with lunch/labeled water bottle and games/books etc.) do NOT get on the bus until I arrive and check them in. See you Monday! Ms. C.
- The MTOY program recognizes outstanding teachers from across Michigan. Each year, ten Regional Teachers of the Year (RTOYs) are selected through this competitive application process, with one of the RTOYs being named Michigan Teacher of the Year. Honored teachers will have an opportunity to learn more about educational initiatives and policies at the state level and provide input on how to better serve Michigan’s teachers and students. People wishing to nominate a dedicated teacher for this recognition are asked to make nominations using the online form, which is available until Monday, October 16, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
- If you received a CEP form and haven’t returned it, please do so as soon as possible. Our school funding is based on these forms.
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|School Custodian Appreciation Day! Thank you Jeta & Carol!!!
4-5 Camp, Leelanau Outdoor Center
|Sunbutter & Jelly Sandwich
4-5 Camp, Leelanau Outdoor Center
|4-5 Camp, Leelanau Outdoor Center (Lori)
Count Day! Pajama Day!
|Beef Soft Taco
|Beef Taco Salad
|Popcorn Day, 0.50 per bag
|Mac & Cheese
|Chicken & Pasta Salad
October 11: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
October 12: Care to the Core
October 20: Halloween Dance
October 27: 12:05 dismissal, All teachers – afternoon duty day
October 31: Halloween Parade & Trunk or Treat