Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you Mrs. Porras for planning the mum sale and the Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser. Thank you to everyone who supported these fundraisers. All money earned goes to our PTA. Our PTA funds school events, provides money to teachers for classroom materials, funds some buses for field trips including contributing to the bus for 4th/5th Grade Camp, funds Teacher Appreciation Week, assists with Watch D.O.G.S., provide materials for our extra-curricular activities, and more! Every student benefits from their work so please support them when you can and volunteer whenever you are able.
Thank you to Mrs. Clark & Mrs. Makled for agreeing to take charge of Butterfly & Garden Club again this year and to Mrs. Van Horn for running Doodle Club again. If any other parents are interested in running an after school club please let me know. I would love to have a Legos and/or a Robotics Club. Our teachers will be running Safeties and Service Squad, Chess Team, Art Club, Theater Club, Math Club, DuVall Depot, Running Club, Choir, and Instrumental. Our students are so lucky to have such great opportunities!
Please follow our traffic rules. Francis is a one way street, traveling only north from 8:30-9:30 and 3:30-4:30. Parents have been ticketed so please follow these posted times.Drop-off is on Francis, not on Beech. Students should never be dropped off across the street and cross. This is dangerous. the same side of the street as our school is located. They should always be dropped off on Please do not wait for something tragic to happen before following these rules. We always want to be err on the side of safety.
This weeks notes:
- If you haven’t completed an iChat please consider doing so. They take two weeks to process. Parents are not allowed to attend field trips or volunteer without one. You cannot come in the day of and even a few days before an event. Be proactive and complete one soon. They are valid for three years.
- If you haven’t signed up to pop popcorn and are available, please consider helping us out. You do not need experience! Click here to sign-up DuVall Popcorn Sign Up.
- DuVall is growing! We were projected to have 203 students and currently have 221. Every grade K-4 is above projections. Fifth grade is only below by one student. Keep spreading the word that DuVall is a great place to be!
- I love seeing so many students receive special notes in their lunch boxes from their parents. Their faces light up when they show them to me. We also have notes in the office that you can fill out for your child and also for staff.
- Thank you Mrs. Batha for once again running our school store. Our first school store of the year will be on Wednesday.
- Our Picture Day has been changed to Monday, October 30.
- Join the Dearborn Education Foundation on Thursday, Sept. 28, for a special fundraiser at Chuck E Cheese in Dearborn. Twenty percent of proceeds from all sales between 5 and 7 p.m. that evening will be donated back to the Foundation.
- Early Release Enrichment Club is a paid after school enrichment program for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. The program will provide registered students with time for outside play (weather permitting), homework, games and activities for the 90 minutes until they would have normally been released from school. The club costs $11 per session for one student, $8 for the second student and $5 for each additional student from the same family. Online, pre-enrollment is required to ensure the district has proper staffing and supplies. Parents can sign their child up by the week or for 4 weeks at a time. Early Release Enrichment is planned for every elementary and middle school, but the program may not run in buildings if there is not enough interest.
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|Walk N’ Roll Kickoff
GSRP half day
|Sunbutter & Jelly Sandwich
|GSRP begins full days
|Egg & Cheese Bagel Sandwich
|Red, White & Blueberry Parfait
|School Store during lunch
1:30, 1-2 ROAR Assembly
2:30, 3-5 ROAR Assembly
6:00 Book Bingo
|Queso Blanco Nachos
|Southwest Veggie Wrap
|Farmer’s Market during lunch by SFE
|Turkey & Cheese Sliders
|Buffalo Chicken Salad
October 2-4: 4th / 5th Grade Camp
October 3: No school for students – All teachers – professional development day
October 11: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
October 12: Care to the Core
October 20: Halloween Dance
October 27: 12:05 dismissal, All teachers – afternoon duty day
October 31: Halloween Parade & Trunk or Treat
Have a great week!