Dear DuVall Families,
Week three and it is finally a full week! We are in full swing and our students are doing great. Our cafeteria is running smoothly, kindergarten adjusted to full days without much of a problem. I appreciate the communication we have with all of you. Please continue to reach out if there is anything we need to know or if you have any questions. We encourage and welcome parent participation. On Wednesday is our first PTA meeting of the year. Please do your best to attend, either in person or on Zoom. The Zoom link is: https://dearbornschools-org.zoom.us/j/84668662958?pwd=cGFDWDNJRE5ERW02czJrL2U1bTkxQT09
Our PTA is already hard at work. Mum orders are due tomorrow, Monday, September 11. On Saturday we have our first big event of the year. It is our Family Kickball game at 1:00 at Summer Stephens park. We need volunteers and donations. Please try and help out. Click here to sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DA9A629AAFAC52-family This is for grades 3-5 only. In the spring we will have one for grades K-2.
The CEP Forms that came home are starting to be returned. PLEASE complete them and turn them in as soon as you can. They were sent home with the youngest student in your family. I can’t emphasize enough how important these forms are for our school.
This week’s notes:
- DuVall is in need of one more noon hour supervisor. If you are interested in this position, you must first be hired as a sub first. To apply please fill out the application, which can be found here: https://www.applitrack.com/resa/OnlineApp/default.aspxchoosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=38448&category=Substitute&AppliTrackJobId=23561_38448&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1 Please let me know if you apply.
- Anyone that may pick up your child should be added to their emergency card. You can update this as needed.
- Kindergarten and First Grade parents, please put a change of clothes in your child’s backpack. Other grades may also find it helpful to have a change of clothes.
- Friends for Animals of Metro Detroit is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization has operated under contract with the city of Dearborn since 1996. They are dedicated to rescuing, protecting, and adopting companion animals in need while inspiring the human-animal bond. We also recognize the importance of early animal welfare education and provide opportunities for kids to get involved. Their Read to Rover program allows children to gain confidence, help with fluency, and enhance their reading skills while comforting and socializing shelter animals. During the half-hour session, readers will work in a private meet-and-greet room with an adult staff member (who will accompany you at all times), the parent or guardian, and your choice of either working with a cat or dog. The cost is $10 per session and is open to children of all reading levels. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask. https://www.metrodetroitanimals.org/youth-programs/special-programs/, https://www.clickondetroit.com/live-in-the-d/2023/03/01/helping-kids-improve-literacy-while-comforting-animals/?fbclid=IwAR3TAhoAygAckPfadMKg9WqQ2v6xI-8t7xnj-s9O76vp7O5bfVc3UZ9xRw4
- Family Kickball, grades 3-5 are due on Monday! We also need volunteers. Please help out by clicking here, https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DA9A629AAFAC52-family
- A pair of pink glasses for a younger child was found on the playground. They are in the office.
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|Monday, September 11
|Kickball Forms and payment due
7:00 Board of Ed. Meeting
|Tuesday, September 12
|Mums orders due
|Scrambled Eggs & Pancakes
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait
|Wednesday, September 13
|6:30 PTA Meeting, Media Center & Zoom
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
|Thursday, September 14
|Chicken Ranch Wrap
|Friday, September 15
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Saturday, September 16
|1:00 Family Kickball, Grades 3-5
September 20: Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser
September 27: Book Bingo, 6:00
October 2-4: 4th / 5th Grade Camp
October 3: No school for students – All teachers – professional development day
Have a great week!