Dear DuVall Families,
Many thanks to our PTA and all of the volunteers for a successful Ice Cream Social. A special thank you to Ann Skidmore for being the chairperson, Jaclyn Noles, Robbin Makled, Michelle Linderman, Isabel Gonzalez, and all of the parents and staff who were able to acquire donations. Many thanks to everyone who volunteered at the event! We could not have done this without you. This event is always one of the highlights of the year. I can’t thank you enough for all of the donations and volunteer hours given for this great event. Many thanks to all of the parents and families that attended, bought tickets, helped out where they saw a need. We not only made a profit (the amount is TBD) but most importantly it built community and our kids had a great time! Here is the link for photos that Robbin Makled took: https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/M3vOJZnOSf6kChKBBNJx-Q.__XmGn-sKkMl58IiXDAdqG Thanks Robbin!
Thank you to everyone who helped with the Native Plant Sale, especially Robbin Makled for chairing this event. Parents and students not only sold plants but educated others about butterflies and the plants they gravitate to.
Thank you to Ms. Courtright for organizing and all of the parents and family members that accompanied our safeties to the Detroit Tigers Game.
Many thanks to Bob & Grace Ryan. They are regular Watch Dogs at DuVall and our students have adopted them as school grandparents. Their last Watch Dog day for this year is Tuesday.
Thank you to Natasha Batha for running our school store all year. Mrs. Batha demonstrates “kindness” to our students all of the time. She even saw a need to pick up trash around the school when she tripped on a slurpee cup, so she went home, got gloves and a bag. Instead of complaining she was part of the solution. Thank you Mrs. Batha! So many of our parents continue to be role models of kindness for all of our students. We appreciate everyone of you!!
This week’s notes:
- The Otis Spunkmeyer fundraiser will be delivered on Thursday. You can pick your items up between 2:30-4:15 from the cafeteria. You can enter through door 1 or ring the Kid’s Club bell at door 10 to enter.
- Thank you to the PTA for providing water bottles and popsicles for Field Day this coming Wednesday, June 7th.
- Kona Ice money, $2.00, is due on Monday, June 5th.
- The first day of school next year will be August 28.
- We still have yearbooks for $12.00 if you are interested.
- If you have a kindergartener beginning in the fall, soft start will be August 28-September 8.
- GSRP Preschool at DuVall: If you are interested and have not enrolled, you are encouraged to pick up enrollment paperwork and then schedule an appointment for Friday, June 9 to submit the paperwork at Cotter Early Childhood Center. Appointments can also be made by calling the Cotter school office at 313-827-6150. Visit the Cotter School webpage to learn more. Even though you are interested in DuVall all of the paperwork is facilitated through Cotter. Please share this information with families in the DuVall area.
- If you are interested in Kids Club, before or after school care, please call 313-827-8350. Dearborn School employees receive a 20% discount.
- Our last School Store of the year will be Thursday.
- If your child won Principal for a Day, lunch with me and 2 friends, or the mani/pedi/lunch with me and a friend, I will talk to them on Monday so we can plan a date.
- It’s possible that our lunch schedule may change during the last two weeks of school. We will keep you posted.
- District Sports Camps:
- Edsel Ford field hockey for girls ages 10 to 18, June 13 to 15 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Dearborn High basketball camp from June 19 to 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for students in second to eighth grades. Register at dhsboosters.org. Cost $155 per camper.
- Fordson High football camp from June 20 to 23 is for players ages 7 to 14. Cost $60.
- Dearborn High football camp for students in 4th to 8th grades, June 26 to 30, 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.. $104.
|Rainbow Day – Wear all of the colors in the rainbow today!
7:00 Board of Ed. Meeting
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Super Hero Day – Wear your favorite superhero clothing today!
Kona Ice Truck – 2:00-3:30
|Mac & Cheese
|Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
|Bob & Grace Ryan
|Talent Day – Show off your talent to your friends at lunch or recess or during Field Day
Field Day – wear your class shirts
|USA Day – Wear Red, White, and Blue today!
School Store, during lunch (last one of the year)
GSRP Greenfield Village Field Trip
|Video Day – We will watch an educational video.
|Crispy Chicken Ranch Wrap
June 13, Park & Pool
June 15, 5th Grade Promotion, 10:00
June 15, Last Day, 12:05 dismissal
Have a great week!