Dear DuVall Families,
It’s hard to believe that next weekend is Memorial Day weekend. We have Friday and Monday off and this is the “unofficial” start to summer. Please be aware that even though summer is close, student attendance is still critical. Our teachers will continue to instruct and get our students ready for the next grade.
Thank you to everyone who was able to STEAM Night. We are hoping to move it up in the year so more families will be able to attend. Many thanks to Mrs. Poisson and Ms. Cibasek for coordinating this event and to all of the teachers that volunteered their time to assist.
Our Ice Cream Social is around the corner. We are still taking donations for the classroom baskets as well as items for the raffle, such as gift cards or larger items. THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this event. It is our biggest fundraiser of the year and will help us start off next year with enough funds that we can start planning things immediately. This year our PTA provided numerous assemblies, classroom t-shirts to all students, help with the 4th/5th grade camp, snacks for the classrooms when students forgot theirs, teacher funds for supplies, teacher dinners on late nights, Teacher Appreciation Week, put money towards our Iftar dinner, money towards 5th grade promotion, 5th grade yard signs (coming soon), bought new classroom carpets, and so much more! Our PTA runs so many family events and they work very hard. Whatever you can do to support them and our Ice Cream Social is appreciated.
This week’s notes:
- Yearbooks have arrived! If you didn’t order one we have extra. Please send in $12.00 to purchase a 2022-2023 yearbook.
- 5th graders: STEM letters have been sent out. If your child scored 80th percentile or high on this springs NWEA for both math and reading and scored proficient on their fourth grade M-Step for both math and ELA this qualified them to receive a letter and be part of the lottery selection. If you did not receive a letter and you believe your child scored at the required levels please email me and I will verify their scores. If needed, I will contact STEM on your behalf.
- The first day of school for students next year, will be August 28, 2023. No other calendar details are available yet.
- On Thursday the district elementary Honors Choir will be having a small pizza party and play time on our playground, 4:30-5:30. Please leave the picnic tables open for them. The playground will be open to the public.
- We still have iReady math books if you would like them. They are stacked in the lobby. We have one third grade book and a number of fourth and fifth books.
- Our stage curtains have been put back up.
- M-Step is complete. Our 5th graders have also completed NWEA. Our K-4 teachers are working on NWEA. Some individual classes may be done but our window goes until the end of the school year.
Have a great week!
5th grade instrumental classes
Last day to check out books from our library
|Nachos & Cheese
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Queso Cheese Nachos
|Tuna Power Pack
4:00 Butterfly & Garden Club (last meeting of the year)
|Baja Fish Tacos
|Halal Crispy Chicken Wrap
1:40 Diversity Day
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait
May 29, No School – Memorial Day
June 1, Field Day
June 2, Ice Cream Social, 5:30
June 3, Native Plant Sale
June 6, Kona Ice truck, 2:00-3:30
June 13, Park & Pool
June 15, 5th Grade Promotion, 10:00
June 15, Last Day, 12:05 dismissal