Dear DuVall Families,
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our wonderful DuVall moms! I hope you are all spoiled and have a great day. Thank you for being such supportive, loving, and caring moms.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for showing so much for the appreciation you showed to our teachers and me. Your kindness and generosity are very much appreciated. Kindness is something we teach daily at DuVall and you are great role models of kindness for all of our children. Our teachers had a wonderful week because of our PTA, parents, and students. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!!
Thank you to Lauren Schuchert for organizing the Mother & Son Kickball Game. Many thanks also to Jesse Rafferty for grilling, Megan Fillip for running the table, and all of the parents that helped out or played. This was a wonderful event and was full of fun, laughter, and community. Some of our girls came to cheer on the teams. We are hoping this becomes an annual event.
S.T.E.A.M. Night is Thursday, 5:00-6:00. This is a free event but we are asking that you register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe3pMvSqdZ24pCpEZP7yZz7sx9czYcpmifrVxNtH7Dx_Sdawg/viewform Registrations will help us to organize supplies and be ready for the number that plan on attending. Students MUST come with an adult. If you can volunteer, please sign-up at: SIGN UP GENIUS LINK
This week’s notes:
- For all field trips and school events, such as Field Day, Park & Pool, please have your child wear their DuVall class shirt. If for some reason they do not have a shirt please have them wear their class color.
- In the lobby are free iReady math books for grades 3, 4, and 5. Take what you would like for your children to practice over the summer or even to use to play “school.”
- Our talent show made $742. which will go towards 4th/5th grade camp.
- Parents, if you drop off lunch or other items for your child s/he should know to come to the office and pick it up at the start of their lunch. If your child doesn’t know you are coming tell the office staff to inform your child to come to the office. We do not want to interrupt instruction time with a call. We have many drop-offs every day so classes get multiple interruptions and we are hoping to lessen these.
- Parents attending Ms. Courtright’s bowling field trip on Tuesday should meet in the lobby at 11:55.
- Parents, if you have not taken this survey for the district, please consider doing so: 2023 DPS Office of Civil Rights Limited English Proficient Parent Survey The last day to complete the survey is May 21.
- M-Step make-ups will occur this week. All of our 3rd and 4th graders have completed this assessment. Our fifth graders have completed ELA, math, and science. We have just a few finishing up social studies.
- Reminder: Students that wear sandals should have a back strap on the shoe. This is for safety reasons while playing on the playground. Gym shoes should always be worn for P.E. class.
- May 22 will be the last day students are able to check out library books this year. Please make sure all library books are returned by May 29.
Have a great week!
|Exercise Day – wear DuVall spirit wear
5th grade instrumental classes
|Sunbutter & Jelly
8:40 Safety Meeting, room 202
Bowling Field Trip (Courtright) – Parent chaperones meet at 11:55 in the lobby
7:00 District Honors Choir Concert, Stout
|Bob & Grace Ryan
Sahara Fundraiser – all day
4:00 5th Grade DuVall Depot (last week)
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
Greenfield Village Field Trip (Shapas Brettschnieder, Morrison, Moon, Alabakoff)
5:00-6:00 S.T.E.A.M. Night
|Inside Out Day
Popcorn (Talluto – provided there are parents to volunteer)
10:50 Edsel Ford Graduates walk through
|Egg & Cheese on English Muffin
May 26, No school – Conference release day
May 29, No School – Memorial Day
June 1, Field Day
June 2, Ice Cream Social, 5:30
June 3, Native Plant Sale
June 13, Park & Pool
June 15, 5th Grade Promotion, 10:00
June 15, Last Day, 12:05 dismissal