Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you to Bree Rafferty for organizing our Talent Show! Many thanks to all of the parents that helped out backstage or selling tickets. The kids love this event. They worked hard to get ready and demonstrated their talent and self-confidence. I am so proud of all of our kids. Our students were well behaved and they encouraged and supported each other. Many thanks to all of the parents that jumped in to help set up more chairs and those that cleared the chairs so quickly after the show putting them all on the racks. DuVall is part of such a wonderful community, where everyone helps one another. These acts of kindness demonstrate what we want to teach our children. Thank you for being great role models.
Many thanks to Mr. Rafferty, Isiaah, Miles, Mr. Burr, Reeve, Alethia, Ms. Harris, Annie, Paul, Mr. Falvey, Mrs. Desmond, and Francis for all helping at clean-up on Saturday. We accomplished quite a bit and our property is looking better and ready for spring.
Teacher Appreciation Week: Our PTA has a lot planned to recognize our wonderful teachers. They are accepting donations as well. They are accepting cash, checks made out to DuVall PTA as well as Venmo @DuVallPTA. They are also looking for some volunteers on Saturday May 6th, beginning at 10:00am (both parents and students- students must be with a parent) to help setup/ decorate for the week.
This week’s notes:
- 5th grade instrumental students: remember your instruments on Monday.
- Please review the dates at the end of this post. There are a lot of end of year activities that you won’t want to miss.
- We could really use some sweatpants in youth sizes for students that get wet on the playground and do not have a change of clothes. If you have any to donate it would be appreciated.
- Students should have a change of clothes in their backpack, especially K-1.
- May 3rd will be the last Parent Book Talk face to face. The last Zoom meeting will be May 10 at 5:30. We have to move it a week due to the Spring Concert.
- May 2nd, 5:00-7:00 is the O.L. Smith Pancake Dinner. Click here to view the flier.
- We still have notes in the office that you can write to your child or a staff member. Those that receive one (child or adult) get the biggest smile and it really makes their day.
- We will be celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week May 8-12 at DuVall. The PTA asked me share our “Staff Favorites” once again. Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14t4_AptDMJAKRVisq0vhibmvusNsyrVXGpjnwOqP8e8/edit?usp=sharing
Have a great week!
|5th Grade instrumental class
5:00 Cipriano Race, at Ford Field 4th & 5th graders that qualified arrive by 4:30
|4th & 5th Grade Math M-Step
1:45 The Ned Show Assembly
5:00-7:00 O.L. Smith Pancake Dinner
|Cheese Stuffed Sticks
|Tuna Salad on croissant
|9:10 Parent Book Club
11:15 Preschool lunch in the cafeteria
12:50 Ambassadors Meeting, Room 104
4:00 3rd Grade DuVall Depot
6:00 Spring Concert, K-2 and ⅔ Class
|Southwest Veggie Wrap
|School Store during lunch
3rd Grade Math M-Step
6:00 Spring Concert, 3-5 Vivace Singers and instrumental
|Delicious Cheese Pizza
|School Lunch Hero Day – Thank you Ambra, Karen, Sue, Joyce, Barbara
3rd Grade M-Step ELA must be completed
|Halal Chicken Patty Sandwich
|Sunbutter & Jelly
May 10, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
May 12, 4:30, Mother Son Kickball Game
May 16, District Honor Choir Concert, 7:00 at Stout
May 17, Late Start, start time 10:00
May 18, STEAM Night
May 23-24, Veterans Baskets
May 25, Diversity Day
May 26, No school – Conference release day
May 29, No School – Memorial Day
June 1, Field Day
June 2, Ice Cream Social
June 3, Native Plant Sale
June 13, Park & Pool
June 15, 5th Grade Promotion
June 15, Last Day