Dear DuVall Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and holiday. Many thanks to Mrs. Burr for running our Change Challenge. We will have the total raised for ACCESS to help needy families on Monday. I know we are over $500.
We have a big week ahead of us! Thursday is kindergarten round-up at 6:00. If you have a child entering kindergarten next year please join us. Our future penguins will join our teachers in the classroom to have some fun while the parents listen to a presentation on kindergarten registration and readiness. We also appreciate you spreading the word to your neighbors and family in the DuVall area. Doors 1, 5, 8 will be unlocked and we will meet in the cafeteria. On Friday, 9:00-11:00, Mrs. Manwell will be handing out GSRP Preschool packets. Stop by the school (door 1) and pick one up. At this time you will also schedule a registration appointment.
Wednesday is Administrative Assistants Day! I would like to say a special thank you to our secretaries for all that they do to make DuVall run smoothly, taking care of our students, teachers, parents, and community members, and for helping me personally. THANK YOU, Mrs. Jen Schulte (our new office secretary), Ms. Bobbie Cagle (Office receptionist), Mrs. Nadia Bazzi (Media Center secretary), and Ms. Kim Ismail (Our former office secretary). They are all awesome and we are lucky to have them part of our DuVall family.
We try very hard to be inclusive and recognize as many groups and challenges that affect our students and staff. We have a number of students that are ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) across almost every grade level and April is Autism Awareness Month. To support these students we will have three special days this week. Wednesday: Show Your Passion Day. One characteristic of autism is to show incredible focus or passion. Dress showing something you love and are passionate about. (Think about your favorite sport or thing to do and wear something that represents that.) Thursday: Autism Acceptance Day. Love and acceptance can make the world a better place. Wear blue to show awareness and acceptance for autism. Friday: Sensory Friendly Friday. Autistic people have a variety of sensory sensitivities. Wear your comfiest clothes.
Friday is our Talent Show at 6:00. Doors 5 & 8 will be unlocked for you to enter. Performers should arrive by 5:45.
Saturday, April 22 was Earth Day. To celebrate we will be having a school clean-up on Saturday, April 29th, 9:00-11:00. Please bring rakes and any other small gardening tools that will be helpful, wear gardening gloves, and come and help get DuVall ready for spring. We appreciate any time you can give!
This Week’s Notes:
- Our Otis Spunkmeyer fundraiser continues through May 5th. Click here for more information.
- If you ordered a DuVall hat on the apparel order, the shipment is delayed. We hope to receive this item within the week. Thank you for your patience.
- Students are dismissed at 3:55 on the playground. The number of students not getting picked up until 4:15 or later is increasing. Our students arriving too early in the morning has lessened some. Thank you for adhering to the 8:35 breakfast time.
- Walk and Roll is still going on. Keep up the good work kids! As the weather improves it’s nicer to walk or ride your bikes to school and get some needed fresh air.
- Our Parent Book Club has been successful but attendance has been dwindling. We will have one more meeting and wrap up the book on Wednesday, May 3rd. The in person group will meet in the cafeteria at 9:10 and the Zoom group will meet at 6:00.
- On May 2nd O.L. Smith will be hosting a free pancake dinner. They will be serving pancakes, sausage (halal available), hash browns, juice, and milk. They will also have information in their atrium about their school. To view their flier, click here. I encourage everyone to attend, especially our fifth graders that will be attending O.L. Smith next year.
Have a great week!
|Day||Activities||1st Choice||2nd Choice||Watch DOGS|
|Monday||1:30 O.L. Smith visit to 5th Grade|
5th grade instrumental classes
|Chicken Patty Sandwich||Sunbutter & Jelly|
|Tuesday||8:20 Dads & Donuts|
3rd ELA M-Step
4th DSO Field Trip
|French Toast Sticks||Blueberry Parfait||Bob Ryan|
|Wednesday||Show Your Passion Wednesday! Wear showing what you are passionate about.|
National Administrative Assistants Day – Thank you Jen, Bobbie, Nadia, Kim!
4th & 5th Grade Math M-Step
4:00 5th Grade DuVall Depot, room 204
4:00 Butterfly & Garden Club
4:00-5:30 Talent Show Rehearsal
|Bosco Sticks||Sunbutter & Jelly|
|Thursday||Autism Acceptance Thursday: Wear blue to support autism awareness.|
3rd ELA M-Step
Farmer’s Market, during lunch
6:00 Kindergarten Round-Up
|Pizza||Nachos & Cheese|
|Friday||Sensory Friendly Friday: Wear your comfiest clothes.|
Last day for 5th grade NWEA
Combined Concert Rehearsals (during school)
11:00 Illustrator Assembly, Gym (Grades 2-5)
6:00 Talent Show
|Fish Sticks||Veggie Ranch Wrap|
|Saturday||9:00-11:00 Spring Clean-up|
May 1, Cipriano Run (4th & 5th graders that qualified)
May 2, The Ned Show Assembly
May 3, Spring Concert, K-2 and Morrison’s Class
May 4, 3-5, instrumental, Vivace Singers
May 10, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
May 12, 4:30, Mother Son Kickball Game
May 16, District Honor Choir Concert, 7:00 at Stout
May 17, Late Start, start time 10:00
May 18, STEAM Night
May 23-24, Veterans Baskets
May 26, No school – Conference release day
May 29, No School – Memorial Day
June 2, Ice Cream Social
June 3, Native Plant Sale
June 13, Park & Pool
June 15, 5th Grade Promotion
June 15, Last Day