Dear DuVall Families,
Important: We are basically going back to our normal procedures for arrival and dismissal. However, there is an area that is in the way of line-up for kindergarten and first grade. There will be a fence put around this area once the electrical is put in. There is no danger to our students but I am asking that students to stay away from the area to make sure no damage is done to the work that was done. All classes will line-up in the large general area. Room 106 (Ross) will line-up by the red circle where there is no room number listed. Room 105 (Hughes) will line-p by the yellow star where there is no room number listed. Both of these are near the wood chips. Room 102 (Grahl) will line-up in the Room 109 (purple rectangle) spot, and Room 101 (Press) will line-up in the Room 111 (red circle) spot.
Thank you to Joyce Dunlap, Mary Burr, Anne Skidmore, Lauren Skidmore for volunteering for Book Bingo! Many thanks to all of the parent that brought their children as well. The kids had a wonderful time. Thank you to Mrs. Grahl and Mrs. Alabakoff for working hard and making sure that DuVall is an official, certified Green School.
On March 23rd our district held Care to the Core. CBS News Detroit did a story on the day. DuVall makes a couple of appearances in the story. Click here to view. To celebrate this day of positivity and kindness, our school Ambassadors determined our activities. They chose to have students write positive words and display them in the windows. Many thanks to Ms. Mendez for facilitating this activity during art class. Our Ambassadors also decided to have our students write positive words in chalk around the school. Their reasoning for both of these activities was to share our positive words with our community.
This week’s notes:
- This week is last of the year for our chess club. Thank you Ms. Courtright for all you have done for chess club!
- Mark your calendars: Spring Concerts, May 3rd – kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and 2/3 split May 4th – 3rd, 4th, 5th grades, band, orchestra, Vivace singers Both concerts are at 6:00 in the DuVall gym.
- Yearbook group pictures will be taken on Tuesday, April 5th. Girl Scouts should wear their vests. Instrumental pictures will be on Monday during class.
- As a staff we have been making an effort to mail postcards home to some students to celebrate some of their successes. Some students that were sent cards said they haven’t received them. Please check magazines and other mail to make sure they are not stuck inside.
- Another reminder to send a change of clothes with all kindergarten and first graders. This isn’t just for accidents but for students that get wet or muddy from the playground.
- To support the Edsel Ford Class of 2023 and participate in Egg My Yard, click here for the information.
- Our art/S.T.E.A.M. classes will be out of the cafeteria and back in Room 101 beginning Monday.
- The gym is under construction. For the next two weeks classes will meet outside. If the weather doesn’t cooperate the classes will have a little less physical activity and will be held indoors.
- A letter about our upcoming Iftar dinner will be sent home this week. To view the letter digitally click here.
Wishing all of our families celebrating a Ramadan Mubarek.
Have a great week!
|5th grade instrumental classes
|Mac & Cheese
|Group Yearbook Pictures
8:00 3rd Grade Math Club, Room 202
1:35 Junior Special Agent Program, cafeteria (5th grade) Graduation (Parents invited)
|Chicken Ranch Wrap
|Wayne County Vision Screening, Media Center (PK, K, 1)
8:15 Vivace Singers, room 111
4:00 5th Grade DuVall Depot
6:00 Parent Book Club, Zoom
|Chicken Patty Sandwich
|Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
|Opening Day – wear Tigers shirt or blue or orange
Wayne County Vision Screening, Media Center (PK, K, 1)
8:00 Chess Club, Room 202 (Last meeting of the year)
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
April 12, M-Step Parent Meeting, 9:10
April 12, PTA Meeting 7:00, Media Center and Zoom
April 14: DuVall Ifta Dinner
April 15: Martian Marathon
April 20-21, No School – Eid Holiday
April 25: Dads & Donuts
April 26, Late Start, start time 10:00
April 27, Kindergarten Round-up 6:00
May 1: Cipriano Run