Dear DuVall Families,
I hope you have power and are doing well. For those still without power, I hope it is restored very soon! If I can help you, in any way, please let me know. Many thoughts and wishes for your healthy and safety.
We have a very busy week. Please review the calendar below. March is Reading Month begins on Wednesday. A calendar of events will be sent home. The link to the calendar is listed below in the notes as well. There are a lot of fund raisers this week, Buffalo Wild Wings and the end to the spirit wear and Little Caesars. Whatever you or your family and friends can do to support DuVall is appreciated. If you have any questions about any events, please let me know.
DuVall is such a special place. I haven’t said it in awhile but thank you for being such an awesome community! Our students are so fortunate to have such loving families, neighbors, teachers, and friends that are helping them to develop into kind and successful people.
This week’s notes:
- March is Reading Month calendar
- Please consider going to the Buffalo Wild Wings on Michigan Ave. on Wednesday. It’s an all day event, carryout or dine-in. Make sure you mention DuVall PTA. Here is the link to the flier.
- It’s not too late to support our Little Caesar’s fundraiser. If you are interested please visit: https://fundraising.littlecaesars.com/fundraisers/support/665f0c74-047a-41db-b747-b2bae931de25?fbclid=IwAR3AErtnBfO1L4G7gamRht1H5Tbh6zW9Z4h2QttEWgcHkPYC7lSwvBhfYKA Share the link with family and friends too! Delivery goes right to the home of each person who orders. Friday is the last day to order!
- DuVall spirit wear orders are due Tuesday, February 28. Hard copy order forms were sent home. We have more in the office if needed.
- I am assigning every student a writing assignment. I would like each student to nominate at least one teacher for “Teacher of the Year.” It can be any teacher they have had in Dearborn Public Schools, Preschool through their current grade, including special areas. Students may submit their writing ot me on paper or online at online nomination form. The nomination deadline is Friday, March 10 at 5 p.m. If you child submits online please make sure they let me know it was completed.
- O.L. Smith will be hosting orientation on May 11th at 6:00. All 5th graders are invited to attend.
- Register for the Martian Marathon: LINK: https://runningfitevents.redpodium.com/2023-martian-invasion-of-races Select “I am here to register as a group participant” TEAM NAME: DuVall – Blue Wave 12:00 TEAM PASSWORD: Penguins23
Have a great week!
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|Spirit wear orders due
8:00 Math Club, 4th Grade, Room 202
1:35 Junior Special Agent Program (5th Grade)
7:00 Elementary Honors Choir Concert, Stout
|Nachos & Cheese
|Crispy Chicken Wrap
|Buffalo Wild Wings Fundraiser
Read Your Favorite Book to kick off March is Reading Month
8:15 Vivace Singers
9:05 Parent Book Club, cafeteria
3:20 Classroom Ambassadors
4:00 4th Grade DuVall Depot
6:00 Parent Book Club, Zoom
|Read Across America & DuVall Day Dr. Seuss’s Birthday – Read a Dr. Seuss book
8:00 Chess Club, Room 202
District Spelling Bee, Fordson *5:00 3rd Grade *6:00 4th Grade *7:00 5th Grade
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait
|Little Caesars orders due
Read a book about your favorite hobby
4:00 Doodle Club
|Fish Patty Sandwich
|Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
March 8, Late Start, start time 10:00
March 8, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
March 10: Book Bingo
March 16: Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:00 p.m. (moved from April 12, 2023)
March 17, Half day – All students a.m., dismissal 12:05; Professional development day p.m.
March 18: Shamrock Shuffle
March 20-24: Book Fair
March 27- 31, No school – Spring Break