Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you to everyone who volunteered, organized, donated, supported, and attending our Pancake Dinner. It was wonderful to see all of the smiles and excitement from those attending. Our students love coming to school in the evening for events. We are so lucky to have such a hard working, dedicated PTA to organize these events. Please do your best to help them out with your time and/or donations whenever you are able to.
Many thanks to parents who have donated clothes to the office for students who need to change. We are still in need of smaller sizes.
This week’s quick notes:
- If your child is going to be absent due to travel please inform the office. If absences amount to more than a week paperwork must be filled out. If absences are more than two weeks, your child could be dropped and you would have to re-enroll them.
- Please do your best to have your children arrive to school on time. We realize that everyone has a slow morning. If this is happening multiple times in a week your child is missing valuable instruction time. However, we would rather them come in late than stay home.
- Mr. Tapp is doing the winter walk with any students interested in walking laps with him. He walks our DuVall track every Monday morning beginning at 8:45. Join him to start your week off with a little exercise.
- Our art teacher, Ms. Mendez, is looking for thick yarn. If you have any that you are not using and willing to donate she would appreciate it.
- Information on the Martian Marathon went home last week. The information is also on our school blog. The big run is Saturday, April 15th.
- Our PTA is starting to accept donations for the Ice Cream Social, which is help in June. They are looking for gift cards, baskets, and larger items to raffle off. Each classroom will also create a themed basket. Teachers will be reaching out for donations.
Have a great week!
|Day||Activities||1st Choice||2nd Choice||Watch DOGS|
|Monday||Beginning of second semester|
|12:05 dismissal – no lunch||12:05 dismissal – no lunch|
|Tuesday||8:00 Math Club, 4th Grade, Room 202||Nachos & Cheese||Sunbutter & Jelly|
|Wednesday||8:15 Vivace Singers|
9:15 3rd Grade Spelling Bee, cafeteria
10:05 4th Grade Spelling Bee, cafeteria
10:55 5th Grade Spelling Bee, cafeteria
3:55-4:45 4th Grade DuVall Depot
4:00-5:00 Butterfly & Garden Club
Coffee with the Principal / Parent Education Meeting 6:00 Zoom (Discipline vs. Punishment): https://dearbornschools-org.zoom.us/j/85470774816?pwd=OUxQc0xOV0lZcnhPQkxUNkl6eWlUdz09
|Hamburger||Tuna Sandwich||Mr. Zitkovic, 12:00-4:00|
|Thursday||School Store, lunchtime||Cheese Pizza||Crispy Chicken Wrap|
|Friday||Coffee with the Principal / Parent Education Meeting 9:00 in the Media Center (Discipline vs. Punishment)||Egg & Cheese English Muffin||Blueberry Parfait|
February 8, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
February 10: Daddy / Daughter Dance
February 15, Late Start, start time 10:00
February 16, Founders Day
February 17, No school for students – All teachers, professional development day
February 20, No school – Mid-Winter Break
February 23: Moms & Muffins Breakfast
February 28 (tentative date), Coffee with the Principal / Parent Education Meeting 9:00 in the Media Center, 6:00 Zoom