Dear DuVall Families,
Many thanks to Joyce Dunlap for organizing and running the Book Fair. Due to construction the book fair was in Room 104. Mrs. Dunlap did a fabulous job utilizing this small space to its fullest. Thank you Mike Zitkovic for being our Watch DOG last week. Thank you to Robbin Makled for organizing the Penguin postcard activity with Jean Pennycook, an Antarctica penguin scientist. Students have drawn penguins on postcards. Ms. Pennycook will stamp them with an Antarctica postal stamp and mail them to each student’s home. A few of our classes will also Skype with Ms. Pennycook.
Students are still earning Penguin tags. If they still have their tags from last year they should be combining them on one chain. We purchased better chains this year so they are not falling off as often. Please congratulate your students as they earn new ones. We want to focus on the positives. Many of our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders earn a tag this week for participating in their class spelling bees. The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each class earned a second tag. Grade level spelling bees will be scheduled in January.
This week’s notes:
- Thank you to all of the parents who have reinforced our Positive Penguin Practices and core values at home. Our children will continue to grow and improve as we work together and they hear a consistent message.
- I was asked to reshare the “Favorites” list of our teachers. This list has staff member’s favorite snacks, gift cards, and hobbies. Some parents have found this helpful if they would like to recognize someone. We use these sheet among ourselves at school and parents have asked to view it as well. Click here to view.
- We are in need of more Watch DOGS. If you are available for a half or full day please come in to sign up. Make sure you have an iChat filled out as well.
- Parents please say the pledges with us, or stand quietly. We are role models for our children. If you need to speak to the teacher do it before or after the pledges or make an appointment.
- Our kindergarteners move back to the classrooms on Friday. At that time our preschool classes will move. After winter break Mrs. Shapas will be moved along with our teacher’s lounge and lobby offices.
- Today (Sunday, December 11) is the last day for our 5 Below fundraiser. Click here for the flier
- If you are available to help at the Holiday Shop the week of December 19, please sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-holiday
Have a great week,
|Winter Day, wear anything with snowflakes or a scarf, hat, ear muffs, etc.
Instrumental Music Class
|Halal Beef Hotdog
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
|Grinch Day, wear a Grinch shirt or wear green
8:00 Math Club, 5th Grade, Room 202
|Halal Beef Pepperoni Power Pack
|Reindeer Day, wear a reindeer shirt, headband, or brown
8:15 Vivace Singers
4:00 Butterfly & Garden Club
6:30 PTA Meeting, Media Center or Zoom
|Nachos & Cheese
|Halal Crispy Chicken Wrap
|Elf Day, wear stripes or anything elf like
School Store during lunch
8:00 Chess Club, Room 202
|Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
|Ugly Sweater Day
Popcorn Day (Morrison)
3:00 Morrison Pizza Party – reward for food collection
|French Toast Sticks
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Yogurt Parfait
December 19-23, Holiday Shop
December 23, Sing Along, 2:30, parents invited
December 23, Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 26 – January 6, No school – Winter Break
January 9, 2023, Schools reopens
January 18, Pancake Dinner