Dear DuVall Families,
Thank you so much to our wonderful PTA for organizing the Halloween Dance. I was sad I was unable to attend. I heard so many great things about this event and loved seeing pictures. Due to Covid this was our first Halloween dance since 2019. This event was the one students asked to have returned more than any other. Thank you to all of the families that attended, donated, and supported.
During our recent PTA meeting I shared that we now have a Calming/Sensory Area. If any student needs a break due to anxiety, being over stimulated, or any other reason they can be taken to this area for a few minutes to compose themselves. We have many things to help them, such as kinetic sand, stress balls, timers, and other types of fidgets. Parents at the meeting suggested we create an Amazon list to share with parents for those who would like to donate an item to this area. I hope to have a list to share with you this week. Most items are between $8.00-$20.00. We have already purchased many items and this area is helping students almost daily.
Friday is our Halloween Parade and Trunk or Treat. The parade will begin at 10:30. All students will exit door 1, turn left and go down Francis and continue around the block. They will proceed to the playground entrance on Beech and then enter the playground area for Trunk or Treat. Students should come to school in costume. No weapons or masks are allowed. Donations for Trunk or Treat can be sent to the office. There are only a few slots available for donations, decorated cars, or volunteers. To view the Sign-up Genius click here:
We are looking forward to our Watch DOGS beginning this week. If you are interested in signing up or finding out more please contact me or Joe Placido.
Thank you everyone for being such an amazing community and supporters of DuVall. Our students are lucky to have you. Below are a few reinders and this week’s schedule.
This Week’s Reminders:
- We have 13 families that were asked to fill out the CEP forms that haven’t. Please consider filling this out to help us out. Our funding is determined by these forms. This funding pays for half of Mrs. Fakih’s time with us, technology, intervention, computer subscriptions, and many other items. So far we are lower than last year. Thank you
- Students can come to school in costume on Friday because we are starting earlier than past years.
- During the Pledge of Allegiance please participate or stand quietly. We are role models for our children. This is not a time to speak with the teachers.
- Parents need to sign-in at the office anytime they enter the building. This is for safety reasons.
- If you would like to volunteer for Watch DOGS please make sure you have an iChat at least two weeks before your date. The Watch DOGS calendar is in the kindergarten hallway. Sign-in at the office and go and take a look at the calendar to see if you have a date you can join us.
Have a great week!
|Watch DOGS: Joe Placido
“Be Kind” day (If you have a kind shirt, wear it. If not, wear blue.)
|French Toast Sticks
|Watch DOGS: Mary Placido
Michigan / Michigan State shirt day
|General Tso Halal Meatballs
|Watch DOGS: Mike Zitkovic, 12:00-4:00
Field Trip to the cider mill (Shapas, Morrison, Moon, Alabakoff)
Black and/or orange day
|Halal Beef Taco Salad
Farmers Market (during lunch)
|Turkey & Cheese Croissant
|Watch DOGS: Christina Gorosh
10:30 Halloween Parade & Trunk or Treat (If you choose to wear a costume, wear it to school.)
|November 7, 10, 16: Parent Teacher Conferences 4:00-7:00
November 8: No School
November 9: PTA Meeting
Link to tentative PTA Calendar
In recognition of the Michigan “Safe Schools Week ” announcement below, you are reminded of the OKAY2SAY safe reporting tool and the Dearborn Schools Online “Safe Box”. Safe Box links are located on our website. Here is the link to all the schools. https://dearbornschools.org/schools/
OK2SAY is available 24/7 and tips can be submitted the following ways:
- Call: 8-555-OK2SAY (855-565-2729)
- Text: 652729 (OK2SAY)
- Email: OK2SAY@mi.gov
- OK2SAY website: www.michigan.gov/ok2say
- OK2SAY mobile app: Available for download in app stores for iPhone and Android.