Dear DuVall Families,
Our year is off to a great start. Students are learning routine and procedures, they are being assessed on DRA and NWEA to give teachers information on their strengths and challenges, we had our first assembly (Music, hip hop style) thanks to Mrs. Meyer, lunch is running smoother each day, and our kindergarteners are piloting science programs. Around the school, our second basketball hoop’s support was installed on Friday, our mums are planted (Thank you Mrs. Fillip, Mrs. Burr, and Mrs. Moore), we have new hostas (Thank you Mrs. Horodnicki), and our tree is down. Our first PTA meeting was a success with many parents attending in person or on Zoom and many have stepped up to volunteer in a multiple of ways. Our children’s success is greatly enhanced by the partnership we have between the school and our families so our entire staff is sending a huge thank you to all of our families for your support and help.
Mums Pick-Up: Tuesday at 12:00 on Francis – pull up in the drop-off lane. If any parents are available to help unload the truck please be at school on Francis by 10:30. The Schwartz truck will be arriving between 10:30-11:30 on Tuesday.
Please review the following notes:
- We will be adding the dad’s program called “Watch D.O.G.S.” Thank you to Mr. Placido for chairing this great program and thank you to our PTA for paying for the start-up kit. More information will be available about the initial meeting after the kit arrives.
- PLEASE return the CEP income forms. Our school funding is based on these forms. We need every family that received a letter to return it completely filled out. THANK YOU!!
- If your child has not signed up for “Walk ‘N Roll” please consider having them join and be healthy.
- I am looking for two parents to move some books around in our Media Center. My estimation is with two people the job should take less than two hours. This can be done anytime during school except Mondays or Tuesdays or anytime after school. If you are able to help please email me.
- A very nice iHome was found on the playground. Please come to the office if this item belongs to you.
- We still have free Covid tests in the office. If you would like one just by and see Ms. Kim or Ms. Bobbie.
- If you are on the playground when we say the pledge, please join us. We are modeling for our children in everything we say and do. Of course, if your beliefs do not align with this practice we respect that and ask you to stand quietly.
- Please do your best to have your children at school by 8:55.
- Please do your best to schedule family vacations during school vacations.
- Please update your calendars: Book Bingo Wednesday, September 28, Halloween Dance, Friday, October 21, Halloween at school with Trunk or Treat, Friday, October 28. October 28 is also an early dismissal day.
- Soon Mrs. Noles, our PTA president will be sending out a Trunk or Treat sign-up. As is tradition, weather permitting, our students will parade around the block in Halloween costumes. This year we will do this on October 28, probably around 10:30. New this year, students will then come to the playground and trunk or treat at cars of parent volunteers. All students are invited to participate. If parents are not interested or able to be part of trunk or treat but would like to contribute they can donate a bag of candy (no peanuts or nuts) or other items (spider rings, pencils, stickers, etc.) by dropping it off in the office. Thank you
Have a great week!
Mary Timpf, Principal
This week’s schedule:
Monday, September 19:
1st Choice: Halal Chicken Patty Sandwich
2nd Choice: Cheesy Broccoli Potato
Tuesday, September 20:
9:00 & 10:30 GSRP Parent Meeting
10:30-11:30 Mums dropped off at DuVall (Parent volunteers needed to unload truck)
12:00 Mum pick-up (Francis Street)
1st Choice: French Toast Sticks
2nd Choice: Blueberry Parfait
Wednesday, September 21:
Late Start, first bell 9:55, school begins at 10:00
10:00 & 11:00 GSRP Play Dates
1st Choice: Two Cheese Pizza
2nd Choice: Veggie Ranch Wrap
Thursday, September 22:
9:00 & 10:45 GSRP Play Dates
1st Choice: Cheesy Nachos
2nd Choice: Halal Beef Taco
Friday, September 23:
1st Choice: TBD
2nd Choice: Tater Tot Casserole