Dear DuVall Families,
Teach of the Year nominations are open. Students should click here to nominate their favorite teacher. Each student can nominate two teachers. I am asking every student to nominate at least one teacher. We have the best teachers and they all deserve a nomination. Please make sure your child nominates his or her favorite teacher. It can be ANY teacher they have had through Dearborn Public Schools, including special area and support teachers.
It’s important to have conversations with your children. Dinner time is the perfect opportunity to ask your children about their day. One idea is to have every member share their high for the day and their low. It gives you a chance to see into their day a bit and they are also conversation starters. Ask questions about their high and low, brainstorm ways to help with the lows, and celebrate the highs. Parents should also share. Your children want to know about your day too!
This week’s notes:
- If you would like a printout of our child’s i-Ready scores let me know. I am happy to send it home.
- DuVall apparel sale: Orders are due back on Wednesday February 22nd. Payment is cash or checks made out to DuVall PTA. Click here for the form. PLEASE indicate if you are ordering an adult or youth when stating your size.
- While we say our pledges outside please be respectful and remind your children to do the same.
- If you would like your child to be seen by the Mobile Dentist, click on this link to sign them up: https://www.myschooldentist.com/34209_schsrm
- If you do not have an iChat come to the office with your driver’s license and fill one out. They are good for three years. They must be completed 2 weeks before volunteering or attending a field trip.
- Five Below on the hill fundraiser. February 10-16. You must show the flier on your phone or take a paper copy of it. Click here for the flier: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gs3nyWald8NAQD2F75879nBGYTJMqbzR/view?usp=sharing
- Our 5th graders will be having a bake sale on Election Day, February 27th. Money earned will help with the costs for their promotion ceremony and their after party. To volunteer or donate, click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B4AACAF23A3FB6-47833201-election
- We are looking to borrow Wii System with Wii Sports Bowling added to it. We need this for April 19th for a Father/Son event. Please let me know if you have this system and would be willing to loan it to our PTA.
- We are in need of Ice Cream Social donations. at one that is willing to donate a gift card or items, it would be greatly appreciated. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we need as much help as possible. If you own a business or work Please see the attached letter to take to businesses to help explain our need. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lhmifUQIbGIO-UctLrqcUyYNAxLB9e39/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104780840291113704430&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Parents that were unable to attend our Parent Education Meeting can view the presentation here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M6BhxmeZ1h9KlBnnpJcXKCLSYF_nyXHR-YZ8ZggOuWo/edit?usp=sharing Some school data is included in this presentation. Please send me any questions you may have.
- Parent Book Club will meet Wednesday at 9:10 in the Media Center.
Have a great week!
|This Week’s Schedule
|Lunch First Choice
|Lunch Second Choice
|7:45 Art Club
10:00 Tornado Drill
1:00 Child’s Hope, Developmental Preschool (Gym)
3:15 Ambassadors work day, Media Center
7:00 Board of Education Meeting, ASC
|Pretzel & Cheese
|Sunbutter & Jelly
|5th grade band & strings
2:25 Early Release
4:30 Mardi Gras
|Karme Makki (Hussein & Malak)
|8:00 Music Club, Room 111
8:00 Green School Club
8:00 Penguin Players, Room 204
9:10 Parent Book Club
3:20 Ambassadors, room 104
4:10 Chess match at DuVall vs. William Ford
|Chicken Ranch Wrap
|8:00 Chess Club
9:30 GSRP Parent Meeting
|Veggie Ranch Wrap
|7:45 Running Club
4:00 Doodle Club
|French Toast Sticks
|Cat in the Hat Strawberry Parfait
|Sarah VanHorn (Carter)
February 19: No school – Mid-Winter Break
February 21: Mobile Dentist
February 22: Founders Day
February 27: No school for students – All teachers – professional development day
February 29: Donuts & Grown-ups
March 2: Shamrock Shuffle
March 5: Parent Education Meeting, Student Health
March 13: PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
March 22: Literacy Day
March 18-22: Book Fair
March 25-29, No school – Spring Break