Dear DuVall Families,
I hope you all enjoyed your time off and that you were able to spend some time with your family and friends. It is important for everyone to recharge and take time for those we love the most. I had a wonderful vacation. My husband and I rescued a 5 month old plott hound mix. Needless to say I spent our break loving her.
We have another busy week with School Store, Math Night and our PTA lock-in. I’m trying to include as much as I can in the activities portion of my weekly communication to help remind students of their extra curricular club, instrumental class, and other events. Please take time to review the activities portion each week and the upcoming events below it.
This Week’s Notes:
- Our December Positive Penguin Practice is Generosity: To apply this practice we are collecting items, by grade level, for local veterans. Helping our veterans is a longtime DuVall tradition. Information was sent home.
- December 4-11, our PTA is having a fundraiser at 5 Below. The flier must be presented. Click here to view the flier: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRmvpWvJxhyt1m1kW3uvRS8PFOlL5iU2/view?usp=sharing Hard copies will be sent home at the end of the week and will also be available in the office. 5 Below is a great store to purchase fun items, necessities, stocking stuffers, and other great items.
- I have given students permission to bring their Pokemon Cards to school. However, there are rules I expect to be followed. Cards cannot be taken out during class or during transition times during class. I have instructed the teachers that if students are not following this rule they are to take the cards and give them to me. I will return them at the end of the day. The second time this happens they will be returned when the parents pick them up. The third time the cards will not be returned until the last week of school. As long as the rules are followed there’s no problem. DuVall holds no responsibility for lost or damaged cards, I will be reviewing these rules with our 4th and 5th grade students.
- Parents, we will be having a book club with the book titled: “How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish If you participate, you will received the book for participating. Please fill out the this form, indicating your interest and availability, https://forms.gle/Z4ZvNDvtKwgR9KMY9
- We still have not found the wallet of our Watch DOG volunteer. It’s possible someone was trying to play a joke and dropped it in someone else’s backpack or someone made a poor decision to take something that wasn’t theirs. Any help finding this would be appreciated.
- Our two kindergarten classes have been relocated for the next three weeks due to the construction. Our teachers and Mr. Dave, our engineer, and Ms. Carol and Ms. Jeta, our custodians, have done a wonderful done a wonderful job getting everything ready for our kindergarteners.
Have a great week!
|5th Grade Instrumental Music Class (Students, please remember your instruments)
|Cheesy Breadstick Dippers with Marinara
|8:00 Math Club, 5th Grade, Room 202
|Halal Chicken Nuggets
|Sunbutter & Jelly Sandwich w/ String Cheese
|8:15 Vivace Singers, Room 111
4:00-5:00 4th Grade DuVall Depot, Room 203
|Grande Cheesy Nachos
|Seasoned Halal Beef & Bean Burrito
|Ahmed Johair (Alabakoff)
|8:00 Chess Club, Room 202
School Store during lunch
Math Night 5:30, cafeteria
|Delicious Cheese Pizza
|Turkey & Cheese Croissant
|Popcorn Day (Grahl’s Parents)
PTA Lock-in 6:00-9:00
|Pretzel Rods w/Cheese Dip
December 5-9: Book Fair
December 7, Late Start, start time 10:00
December 8: Storytime & Hot Chocolate (Book Fair books for purchase)
December 14, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
December 19-23, Holiday Shop
December 23, Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 26 – January 6, No school – Winter Break
January 9, 2023, Schools reopens