Dear DuVall Families,
It’s hard to believe we are at Thanksgiving break. How quickly our year is moving. I am very thankful for everyone with connections to DuVall. We are so lucky to have the best students, staff, parents, and to be located in a wonderful community, with great neighbors. I hope everyone has enjoys their time off and is able to spend time with family and friends.
This week’s Notes:
- Students go outside for recess if it is above 20 degrees, wind chill. Please make sure your child comes to school wearing appropriate clothes. When we have snow on the ground, students with snow pants and winter boots will be allowed to play in the snow. Those that do not will have to remain on the blacktop.
- I visited each classroom this week or will be visiting them on Monday, to review expectations. Please have a conversation with your child about school expectations. The PowerPoint I used is linked here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VVqgsp8esismRFPcw2A5TS9fmykdgZzRmRPtZKKm5j8/edit?usp=sharing
- Our Lost and Found items will be donated on Monday, November 28th. If you want to take one last look before then please come in.
- Due to the amount of illness going around children the district is requiring all rooms throughout the district to be sprayed with disinfectant every day. Thank you to Mr. Dave for making sure this is done. He is using the backpack sprayer that was purchased during the height of Covid which will make sure all areas are addressed. Click here to view the district guidelines concerning when to keep your child home when they are feeling ill: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13VHWl_Lco4L_h0P9FSmHcYxbn51VlBom/view?usp=sharing
- Students have an opportunity to attend a Pistons Game on December 16th. The deadline to purchase a ticket is Monday, November 21. This is a thank you for participating in the Kids Heart Challenge. Kids receive a free ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. See our previous post or click here to view the flier: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8EMhE6a2H9RvHZM_cKR6Hc3OrFIeVu2/view?usp=sharing
- No school, November 23rd-November 27th
- Thank you to everyone who donated items for the Battle of Hunger to benefit Zaman Foundation that provides to local families in need. DuVall collected 605 items.
Have a great week! Happy Thanksgiving!
|Moon, Alabakoff, Morrison (3rd) field trip to Howell Nature Center
|Halal Baked Beef Penne
|Fruit & Yogurt Power Pack
8:00 Math Club, Media Center
Chicken w/mashed potatoes and desert
|No second choice
|Christina Gorosh (Moon)
December 1: Math Night
December 2: Lock-in
December 5-9: Book Fair
December 7, Late Start, start time 10:00
December 8: Storytime & Hot Chocolate (Book Fair books for purchase)
December 14, PTA Meeting 6:30, Media Center and Zoom
December 19-23, Holiday Shop
December 23, Schools close at end of day for Winter Break
December 26 – January 6, No school – Winter Break
January 9, 2023, Schools reopens