Dear DuVall Families,
Many thanks to everyone who was able to attend our PTA meeting meeting week. I’d also like to thank Mrs. Ryan for being a Watch DOG, Mrs. Williams for the Legos donation, everyone who donated and supported the bake sale, and Mrs. Sullivan, Mrs. Noles, and Mrs. Pinon for working the bake sale on Tuesday. Also, many thanks thanks to Mrs. Dunlap for running Book Bingo on Friday and to everyone who assisted her. I was at a conference on Friday and Saturday so was unable to attend. If anyone has any pictures from Book Bingo, please send them to me.
Please reinforce our Positive Penguin Practices at home. September we studied about kindness, October was responsibility, and November is gratitude. We build on each practice and continue working on them. Some students are still struggling with kindness. The playground has been rough, some students are using poor language, and many students have forgotten their manners. We are continuing to work on these at school and appreciate your support. Our students will grow and improve more if they are hearing the same message at school and at home.
This week’s notes:
- Breakfast begins at 8:35. Students should not be arriving before that. We do not have supervision for them.
- Students that do not come for breakfast shouldn’t come before 8:50 and should go directly to the playground. They do not need to walk through school. Our first bell rings at 8:55. Students not having breakfast and that arrive before 8:50 should have an adult with them to supervise them on the playground.
- Collecting of non-perishable foods has been extended to the end of the week. The class that collects the most items will earn a pizza party. If every class collects at least 20 items we will have a pajama day on November 22nd.
- This is the final week for the first session of Doodle Club. The next session will begin sometime after the first of the year.
- Due to the relocation of classrooms, the November 30 Coffee with the Principal will be rescheduled. I have an open door policy and welcome you to stop by or schedule an appointment if there is anything you need.
- Sometimes parents will ask me for gift advice for their child’s teacher. We have a staff document that some of you may find helpful. Staff lists their favorite snacks, beverages, activities, stores on the document so anytime during the year if a colleague would like to give a gift for a birthday, holiday, thank you, etc. they can view this sheet for ideas. If you would like to take a look you can click here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DdHbkaqzcKi1LbOnnruCmUn-w4qebKOLXyGbylAeTQ4/edit?usp=sharing
Thank for your support! Have a great week,
|Day||Activities||Watch DOGS||1st Choice||2nd Choice|
|Monday||Courtright & Ranka Field Trip to The Henry Ford||Tom & Joanne Rafferty||Sweet & Sour Chicken w/rice||Veggie Ranch Wrap|
|Tuesday||Math Club, 8:00-8:45, Media Center||Cheese Quesadilla||Beef Soft Taco|
|Wednesday||Vivace Singers, Room 111, 8:15-8:45, enter Door 1|
Conferences, 4:00-7:00, Enter Door 1
|Bob Ryan||Fish Sticks||Cat in the Hat Strawberry Yogurt|
|Thursday||8:00-8:45 Chess Club, enter Door 18:00-8:45 Book Club, enter Door 1||Cheese Pizza||Roast beef Croissant|
|Friday||Wear blue in honor of National Diabetes Awareness Month|
Doodle Club, Room 101, 4:00-5:00 pick-up door 10
|Meatballs w/Pita||Mac & Cheese|
November 23, No school – Conference release day
November 24-25, No school – Thanksgiving
December 1: Math Night
December 2: Lock-in
December 5-9: Book Fair
December 7, Late Start, start time 10:00December 8: Storytime & Hot Chocolate (Book Fair books for purchase)