Hello, Just a reminder that tonight is that last PTA Meeting for the year! Please join us in the cafeteria at 7:00p.m. We will be talking about the Ice Cream Social, Field Day and Elections will be held!
Today, Monday @ 4:00 is a meeting for those of you interested in planning/organizing the 5th grade promotion ceremony. The meeting will start in the lobby and then move into the teacher’s lounge. Please let Mrs. Courtright or Mr. David know what the plans are so we can help if needed.
Attention Duvall families as of the end of April ALL DuVall families need to sign up again with the Kroger Community Rewards program. This is IMPORTANT! Last year we earned more than $1,000 by just shopping like we normally do. Please sign up your family and encourage one other friend or family member to do so also. Please see the note from Kroger below:
As a reminder the members of your organization will need to re-enroll to continue earning in the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
When a person enrolls or re-enrolls in April their earnings (for the charity) will start MAY 1st 2013. Any member who enrolled before April 1, 2013 must re-enroll to continue earning.
All participants must sign up for the program in order to continue earning funds for your group during 2013-2014.
It’s easy for your members to enroll or re-enroll in Kroger Community Rewards. They can visit www.krogercommunityrewards.com, click on “Michigan” and click on “Enroll.” All participants must have a valid online account at Kroger.com and must sign up online to participate.
Kroger Community Rewards
The Kroger Co. Michigan Division
Hello Parents – I received a few request for class colors for tomorrow’s assembly. In case you cannot find the note from you child’s teacher, the class colors for tomorrow’s “Flower Power” clean up assembly are:
Grahl – purple, violet
Aston – pink, carnation
Sims – multicolor, tulips
Strez – orange, marigolds
Burke – blue, hydrangea
Liepe – red, rose
Rosenau - yellow, sunflower
Hello DuVall Community -
This Friday, DuVall will particpating in a “Clean Up Assembly.” Parents and visitors are invited to attend (sign in at the office please). Instead of a parade around the neighborhood, students will be gathering in the gym for a variety of activities including:
- Mayor O’Reilly
- Superintendent Whiston
- Mr.Hartley – Thank guests and band. Introduce commissioners.
- Jr.Commisioners: Abby DeNardis and Grace Malone (girls will introduce Green Team members)
Green School Slide Show – Mr.David and students
Flower Power Skit – Mrs.Rosenau and the DoVall Club
Songs – Mrs.Meyer – K-2 , 3-5
Poem – Sidney Mathis
Following the assembly, students will be taking a walk on the sidewalks near the school.
Hope to see you there!
Hello DuVall -
Please follow this link for the final Newsletter of the Year!
Veteran’s Hospital Visit
Mrs. Strez’s class will be visiting the Veteran’s at the JohnD. Medical Center in Detroit on May 17th and she is in need of some donated items. Please click on the link below in order to learn more about this trip and how you can help.
Hello DuVall Parents,
Spring weather is finally here. As a result of the warmer temperatures, we would like to remind everyone of the DuVall dress code.
- Absolutely no flip flops or slippers. All shoes must have backs.
- Shorts/skirts must come to the tip of the longest finger in a natural stance
- There is to be no writing across the rear end of pants/shorts/skirts.
- Pajama pants are not allowed.
- Absolutely no undergarments/boxer shorts will be exposed. The waist of the pants must be at hip level or higher.
- Torn, ripped or mutilated jeans/pants are not permitted.
- Shoulder straps on tank tops must be at least 3-Fingers wide
- Necklines will be modest
- Cut off shirts will not be allowed. The torso will be covered at all times.
- Writing or artwork that is inappropriate for the school environment is not allowed.
- Jerseys or tank tops with large armholes will require a t-shirt underneath.
These rules are put into place to promote a safe and professional school environment. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and thank you for adhering to these rules.
5th Grade Instrumental Music Concert - MAY 6, 2013 6 pm
ATTENTION INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC STUDENTS:
It is VERY important that EVERY Instrumental music student attends the concert for the good of the ensemble!!
Report time for students– 5:15 pm–Mrs. V needs time for tuning and getting students set!
Doors to gym area open at 5:40 pm
Concert begins at 6 pm
Concert attire: Combination of Black and White (DuVall Penguins:) ) Would prefer no jeans–looking nice for concert
***Please RSVP by May 5th***
- Activities at Family Camp – There will be all of our annual favorites like fishing, kite flying, rockets, water bottle rockets and stories around the campfire. Last year we added a scavenger hunt and crafts to make puppets and don’t forget the “Saturday Night Pot Luck where everyone brings a dish and fills up on great food”.
- Cost to attend is $35 for one night or $70 for both for 2013.
- The tents are built on cement bases and are equipped with six cots, refrigerator, electric cooktop, electric outlets, charcoal grill, a covered patio and a picnic table.