Dear DuVall Families,
Happy Mother’s Day to all of our moms! I hope you have a wonderful, restful, enjoyable day.
Thank you to everyone who attended and/or contributed time, donations, memorabilia, ideas, etc. to our 100th anniversary celebration. If you didn’t pick-up a program and would like one, we have a few left. Just stop by the office. We also have a few pieces of apparel, mugs, and ornaments of both Southwestern and DuVall school.
We are celebrating Teacher’s Appreciation Week this week. We waited because we wanted to give our teachers a full week to show how much we value and care about them. I am designating each day this week with a theme. You can choose to participate in none or all five of the themes.
Monday: Beverage Day, bring your teacher her favorite beverage or a small coffee card.
Tuesday: Snack Day, bring your teacher her favorite snack.
Wednesday: Note Day, write your teacher a note of thanks. You can also make her a card or write a letter. I encourage every student to participate on this day.
Thursday: Flower Day, bring your teacher a flower.
Friday: Act of Kindness Day, do something of your choice that is kind, for your teacher.
Please remember our special area teachers and support staff as well.
A few more notes and reminders:
- If you would like a Covid test, we have one per student. Please sign and return the form or come into the office to sign for one. We must have a parent signature for each test that is sent home.
- We are registering children for kindergarten for next year. We will have a Young 5s as well. We need everyone to spread the word about our Young 5s and kindergarten. It is also helpful for any new students, regardless of age, to register early if possible, so we can begin planning for next year.
- Summer School: If you need to change your mind and enroll your child for summer school simply call the office or email me.
- End of the Year t-shirts are in and will be distributed this week. Thank you to our PTA for organizing this.
- We will begin our traditional ABC countdown on Wednesday. A schedule will go home early in the week.
Have a great week!
Monday, May 9
1st – Halal Chicken Patty Sandwich
2nd- Hummus & Pita Bread
Tuesday, May 10
5th Grade Science M-Step
1st – Halal Chicken Nugget Snowbowl
2nd – Veggie Ranch Wrap
Wednesday, May 11
School Nurse’s Day – Thank you Nurse Amy Kandes!
5th Grade Social Studies M-Step
ABC Countdown begins – Animal Day
1st – Mac & Cheese
2nd – Halal Beef Taco Salad
Thursday, May 12
1st – Cheese Pizza
2nd – BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
Friday, May 13
1st – Halal Beef Hotdogs
2nd – Turkey & Cheese Wrap