Our Media Center will be resuming book checkout. Book checkout will take place during remote learning on Tuesdays from 10 AM to 1 PM. Students will log in to the Dearborn Public Schools Student Portal and be able to reserve an available book from our media center. There is a limit of 2 books per students. A student must have an account in good standing to reserve a book ( no other books checked out over the limit or not returned). All books reserved must take place by Monday at Noon of the week we are having book checkout. Our first checkout will take place this week (September 29th). Books may be picked up from the Main Office – Mrs. Leonard will be assisting to make this possible. For pick-up,
please call Mrs. Leonard at 313-827-2756 and leave a message that you are on your way.
Directions for reserving a book are listed below and an informational video from Mr. Neff on the process is also linked below.
Student Directions to Place a HOLD on a book in Destiny
- Go to the DPS website and go to the Student Portal
- Scroll down to the Useful Links & click on School Library Catalogs
- Click on YOUR school name
- Click on Log In (in the upper right corner)
- Type in your 8 digit student number for both the username and password
- You can peruse the catalog or you can type the title of a book in the search bar at the top.
- You can now click on ¨HOLD¨ to create a hold on the book
- If you see a message that says your hold request could not be placed, the book may be checked out or not at our location. In order to see why click on the title of the book.
- Scroll down and click on the word copies
- Here you will see if our location has a copy of that book and also it will say status is available or not.